Saturday, March 11, 2006

RAISE YOUR HAND

Yesterday I mentioned the possibility of running with a bloggerland legend today. Raise your hand if you started your blog because of Alison. I did. Luckily she was in town for the D3 National Indoor meet and things worked out where we were able to meet for a run. Whether she brought along Nelson and Melissa because they wanted to get a run in too or because she was afraid of my psycho killer tendencies, I’m not sure. I can see how some people would be apprehensive about meeting someone that they only know from the internet. However, when you’ve been reading each others blogs for over a year, I’d say you have a pretty good sense of their personality. Besides, if Chelle and Evan survived meeting me, Alison had a good chance too.

Anyway, we had a nice 77-minute run together. We found some trails that would have been awesome, had they not been covered with ice. After slip-sliding for awhile we decided to turn around and finish on the roads. The three of them mentioned something about the local accents, but I’m not sure what they were talking about.

Later in the afternoon I jumped on the treadmill for another 5 miles. My timing turned out to be perfect as the Xterra triathlon championship race was starting just as I turned on the TV. Now that’s something I think I’d love to try. This particular race was at Lake Tahoe and the scenery was incredible. Not sure I’d like competing at 8,000+ feet about sea level, but it sure was cool to watch.

After complaining about missing runs on Wednesday and Thursday, I still finished the week with 92 miles. Given the stairs and marathon paced run during the week, I’ll take it.

Quote of the day:
“Training is principally an act of faith.” Franz Stamfl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I only brought up the psycho killer thing because I thought it was funny. I tried to explain to her that we didn't just randomly meet in some chat room. I met my boyfriend over the internet, too.

Besides, for all you knew, I could have been the dangerous one.

Chad said...

Yeah, I know - it's not a big deal. Seriously, if those thoughts didn't run through your head then something probably is wrong. You being dangerous did cross my mind. :-)