Friday, February 03, 2006

VICIOUS CYCLE

Not much to report today. I just ran an easy 5 miles this morning. I thought about going longer, but I figure this week and month are already screwed (of course I’m just kidding), so I might as well take it easy. Hopefully that’ll lead to a faster race time tomorrow, which will lead to more confidence, which will lead to more motivation to train – it’s one big vicious cycle. Of course that cycle can work in the opposite direction too.

I’m just glad the race wasn’t this morning. The temp wasn’t bad at 25 degrees, but we had freezing rain/sleet/snow and a strong NW wind. It looks like it’ll be colder tomorrow with a low of 10 and high of 20, but it sounds like the winds will be lighter and, most importantly, the roads will be clear. We’ll see.

The good news is, after being tired for 2 days, my legs are feeling better today. Do you ever get that damn-my-legs-feel-good sensation just walking around? That’s how I feel today as I walk around the office.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Zeke, best wishes for a fast race with good conditions. You just might surprise yourself. I'm glad the legs are coming around in time.

Chad said...

Thanks Mike. By "good conditions" you mean for Minnesota, right?

Anonymous said...

Win one for the Gipper.