Wednesday, April 11, 2007

ONE THING IS FOR CERTAIN

Interesting couple of responses to yesterday’s post. Evan says “you gotta follow the man, right?” and Mark says, “stick to the schedule”. Whatever happened to not just blindly following a schedule? Any schedule, even one written directly for you needs to just be a guideline, right?

Heck, I’m jumping into Pfitz’s 18 week plan with 10 weeks to go. I’ve moved stuff around within the weeks to fit into my life better. And I’ve moved stuff from week to week in order to fit my racing schedule a little better. So I guess I’m not really sticking to the schedule to begin with. But I’ll still claim to be following Pfitz’s plan.

No matter what plan I follow, one thing is for certain, there aren’t enough hours in the day. I can run the miles, go to work and spend time with my family. After that, strength training, stretching, writing, reading, interviewing, etc. it’s all a crapshoot. Seriously, by the time the girls get to bed it’s 7:30 - 8:00. That gives me about an hour of free time – at a time when I’m my most exhausted during the day, especially if I’ve been up since 4:20. “Luckily” the Twins have been playing so poorly that I don’t have to stay up watching them.

And it’s pretty tough to eat healthier when my wife makes a caramel/cinnamon roll to go with dinner. Of course, these recipes are twice what you need, so now that will be sitting on the counter for the few days. Willpower, don’t fail me now.

Just an easy 7 miles this morning, amongst the snow flurries.

Quote of the day;

“Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content.” – Bob Dylan

2 comments:

Trisaratops said...

My poor Indians were one out away from winning their home opener in a blizzard when it got called. Then the next 3 games were postponed, and now they moved the next 3 to Milwaukee...but they're playing the Angels. ???!!!

And I was SO looking forward to Rick Vaughn Sunglasses giveaway last night.

Hey, we're getting a treadmill, so next year I can run between naps! You'll have to tell me how you fit it all in.

Evan Roberts said...

Hey, I put a ? in there for a reason! You don't have to follow the man. Personally I'd be doing two easy days without the day off, if the schedule said that, 'cause I'm an addict.