Friday, April 20, 2007

I'VE GOT NOTHING

I wish I had something to post, but even after not posting yesterday, I’ve really got nothing to say.

Yesterday I ran an easy 8 mile recovery run. This morning I was supposed to run 11 miles, but Katie was scared last night and kept waking up. I couldn’t get back to sleep, so I turned off my alarm. Now I’ll have to run tonight, but doubt I’ll get in 11, mainly because I’m planning on 20-22 tomorrow morning. Running 31-33 miles in the span of 12 hours might not be the wisest thing to do. Tomorrow’s long run will include this race, which I plan on running about as hard as the 25K from two weeks ago. It’s part of the MDRA Grand Prix, so just by running it I’ll earn some points.

This morning I was lucky enough to post another interview, which was conducted by a ”celebrity contributor”.

Quote of the day;

“I think as I age I'm ever more cognizant of the fact that this love affair I have with distance running is drawing closer to a close...not so much never running again as getting to a point where the effort spent in pursuit of "doing my best" will produce times that in my mind aren't worthy of the work I must do to get them.” - Digger Carlson

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Chad,

Good luck in your race. Hope you've enough sleep.

Thought of you when I was fortunate to meet Carrie T and Sara Slattery (hottie!) in Boston, and pick up autographed pics. Also a couple of other elite US dudes - Tim Broe and someone else I forgot.

Also curious if you've used Pfitz's 70mpw 18 weeker and have any advice. Comtemplating making a run at sub-3 in Chicago.

Chad said...

Ryan, Hmmm I guess I'm flattered that when you saw Carrie and Sara, you thought of me. Now if they thought of me when they saw you, I'd be all set.

Yeah, I've used Pftiz with success a few year's ago. My advice would be to pick the schedule that's right for you. I could probably do the 70+ mpw program, but I have a feeling I'd be on the verge of overtraining. So even if you can do the 70 mpw program, maybe the 55 mpw program (or something in-between) might be a little better for you at this point.

Also, I always liked to be able to handle the program's highest week's mileage BEFORE the program started. That way I wasn't ever building my mileage and adding in hard workouts at the same time.

Ryan said...

Thanks for the reply. ideally, I'd like a mid-point program btw the 55mpw and the 70'er. and , no, there's now way I can do 70 in the next week ... or the week after! I think I am going to make up my own "median" program btw the 55 and the 70.