Monday, April 09, 2007

LOW-KEY

Friday was an easy 5 miler. Saturday I participated in a Ron Daws 25K. I wish more races were like this; $4 entry fee, no shirts, water and cookies at the finish, two awards (first male and first female) – very low-key. Going into this event, it was just going to be a training run. Instead of meeting for a group run, my training group decided just to meet at this event. Given the conditions (15-20 degrees and very windy) and the hilly course, not racing was a very good idea. Kim and I ended up running together. I don’t remember our finish time (something like 1:51), but I think our pace was right around 7:10. Warm-up and cool-down gave me 19 for the day and 61 for the week on 6 runs.

Yesterday I continued with my new trend of taking a day off each week. I thought about riding my bike, but never got around to it.

I’m still working on the “diet thing.” I controlled myself at Easter lunch – for the most part. And I started to re-read Nancy Clark’s book.

That’s all for today. Go check out my latest interview.

Quote of the day;

"I think you could take the guys running the [Olympic] Marathon Trials in November, throw them in a 100k and half of them would run as well or better than I have."Patrick Russell

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to turn this into letsrun, but the phrase "no shirts, water and cookies at the finish," makes it sound like there might not have been water and cookies! But no doubt there were ... Just no shirts.

Chad said...

Wouldn't that be "no shirts, no water and no cookies at the finish,"?

Whatever the case, the important thing is that there were indeed cookies at the finish.

Anonymous said...

And good cookies too, I bet. Sorry I missed it, it's a good run. Wish they did a shirt!

Chad said...

Then they'd have to charge more than $4.