Thursday, March 08, 2007

GUESS WHO

I posted yesterday’s entry a little earlier than normal because I wanted to stop by the running store over lunch. Not that I wanted to buy anything – I just needed to get out of the office for awhile. Plus, the local store is under new ownership, so I thought I’d swing by and wish the new owner (a guy I run “with” sometimes) well. Anyway, guess who’s working.

Yep, Katie McGregor.

I told her about my dream the night before. I think I caught her a little off-guard, but she recovered well. I think she was happy with her new 8K “PR”.

I probably should have mentioned to her that I read her journal recently and that’s why I probably dreamed about her. I don’t want her to think I’m some letsrun-hotness-thread-reading-college-aged-loser. You know, I’d hate for her to think I were still in college. Oh well, it’ll all become clear once she reads this.

Not sure if it’s because I limited myself to a single 8 miler, instead of two 5 milers, yesterday, but my legs felt really good today. I felt pretty springy, as if I had the best running form in the world.

For some reason, the springy feeling didn’t carryover to the hills. I felt okay, but not as good as I did on the flats. After the first hill repeat, I almost blew off the rest of the hill workout because I knew I’d have a more enjoyable run on the flats. But sometimes “more enjoyable” is not the goal. I need a hill workout – even if the hill was snow-covered and slippery. I managed two sets of four reps during the course of 10 miles.

I always think of this, but never post it – until today; it bugs me that “they” plow the paths with some huge 8-foot wide machine. As a result, they usually end up leaving about 2-3” on snow on the path. I’d rather see them use a smaller machine and get down to the surface, leaving a nice clear 3 or 4-foot wide section.

Quote of the day;

“In all of my years of running, it seems that most, if not all, of my competitors have become my close friends.”Carrie Tollefson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which running store do you shop at? I've been going to the Running Room in uptown and I'm 100% in love...

Chad said...

Seriously? Running Room is like the worst running store I've ever been in. They're so sterile and have no atmosphere - at least the Burnsville one doesn't.

In this post I was talking about TC Running Company in Eden Prairie (Shady Oak and Crosstown). It used to be Run n Fun. There's also a Run n Fun in St. Paul.

If you're particular to the Uptown area, check out Gear on France (and 44th?) and Marathon Sports on 50th and Penn.

Anonymous said...

Gah! I meant to say NOT 100% in love. I totally agree with your comment about it being sterile. I like to think that runners as a group are friendly and social, but the RR just feels cold.

I'll check out the stores you suggested - thanks!!