Thursday, March 15, 2007

CARRIED AWAY

Not much to report today. I got so carried away talking about gumption the other day that I forgot to post my training.

Monday night it was still 52 degrees at 8 PM, so I headed outside for my easy 5 mile recovery run. I was a little surprised by how good I felt given my efforts over the weekend. That changed on Tuesday, as I was more tired than on Monday. Oh well, no big deal. I just postponed my hill workout a day and ran an easy 6 mile recovery run.

Yesterday I headed back to the hills for a 10 mile run that included 2 sets of 4 hill repeats. This morning I slept in. I figure I can hop on the treadmill tonight (and probably tomorrow) and watch NCAA hoops.

I’ve spent a lot of time on these runs thinking about a race strategy for Sunday’s 8K. If history is any indicator, I’m usually around 29:50 to 30:10. However, last year, somehow I turned out a 29:15. I’d love to break 29 this year, but I’m going to focus more on how I feel and let the result take care of itself. Therefore, my race plan is all about what I want to think about throughout the race. Splits aren’t even on my radar.

Man, it’s hard to believe it’s been nearly 5 months since the Chicago Marathon and that I’ve only raced once in that timeframe.

Quote of the day;

“Never let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Texas E. Schramm

No comments: