Wednesday, June 17, 2009

BETTING MAN

As you can imagine, there’s not a lot going on – just trying to eat lot of carbs and stay off my feet. I mentioned all the food temptations the other day. I’m happy to report that I’ve only had 2 pieces of taffy. I think that’s pretty darn good given all the cakes, bars, fudge, etc. that have been throughout the office lately.

Yesterday I ran my last “hard” workout. It ended up being 7.5 miles with 2 of them at MP. I ran with Scott and we ran 13:15 for the 2 miles. That’s probably 10-15 seconds faster than my MP, but I’m okay with that. It was only 2 miles and mainly designed to keep some intensity in my week.

This morning I had to “even out” out my log book. Since I don’t like having half-mile increments just hanging there, I ran 4.5 miles. Now I feel better and my log book thanks me.

I was thinking about what kind of time I’ll run on Saturday and – if I were a betting man and given a 5-minute window – I’d predict between 2:59 and 3:04. Of course, all the typical “if the weather cooperates” disclaimers apply. Right now my game plan is to run 6:50 pace until – as John Naslund would say – the wheels come off. Hopefully that won’t happen and I’ll stroll across the line in 2:59.

With the marathon on my mind, I totally forgot to mention my last interview.

Quote of the Day;

“I think a lot comes from how much I love to run. I have fun at races, the gathering of other great runners and the cheering of my family and friends creates an environment that I love and feel so comfortable in.” - Thea Fleming.

5 comments:

Adam said...

I'll be running step for step with you until my wheels fall off, which will undoubtedly be before the finish line.

Bill said...

Good luck Chad....I'll be watching from the bridge with a quarter to go...I'm sure you will be in your "Rupp" like gear by then.

Brian said...

That's a similar strategy I'm thinking for the 1/2, except slower: 7:45's until the wheels fall off, or hopefully I can pick up the minute+ needed to get under 1:40.

Good luck -- I'll look for you out on the course up there.

John G. said...

Good luck Chad. I will be thinking about you guys Saturday. Looking forward to some Saturday runs with the group during "The Summer of Chad"! Next stop... your hometown this Fall.

Chad said...

Thanks everyone. Adam, I'll look for you in Two Harbors.

Bill, good luck if you're running the half. And good luck to Brian.

John, hope you come back on Saturdays so you can get that BQ at Whistlestop.