Thursday, May 17, 2007

30 DAYS

Two weeks ago I came across a blogger who’d just watched Morgan Spurlock’s Supersize Me. She then went out and rented the first season of Spurlock’s 30 Days. As a result, she’s trying to spend the next 30 days being a vegetarian. Her post went on to ask people what that’d like to do for 30 days. I said I’d eat as healthy as possible and focus on core strength.

Well, can you guess how far away Grandma’s Marathon is?

Yep, 30 days.

So I’m going to spend the next 30 days eating only McDonald’s. Oops, wait a second, that doesn’t sound right. I mean I will vow to eat as healthy as possible (whatever that vague statement means) and focus on 2-3 core workouts per week.

I broke down and signed up for TCM this morning. NYC and Chicago are out. I thought about Whistlestop, which is a smaller race in my hometown and home to my PR, but I figure if I'm still running well in the fall, I'd rather run TCM. I really hate signing up for a fall marathon before completing a spring marathon, but that’s how things work if you want to run a larger race.

Just an easy 6 miles this morning with some strides.

Quote of the day;

“I’ve always taken the philosophy that you have to dream a little in this sport, if you stay in your comfort zone, you’re not going to do anything special.” – Deena Drossin

2 comments:

Runner Susan said...

for a second, i believed the mcdonalds idea. hee. good luck.

massoman said...

30 days? hmmm...abstain from cookies? from being sarcastic? from always tying my left shoe first?
eating more healthy is not very quantifiable. how about, " eat the rda for servings of vegatables per day?"