Thursday, September 21, 2006

WHAT AM I MISSING?

Somewhere along the way I’ve gotten out of my routine of running in the morning. I don’t know if it’s because it’s getting darker and darker in the morning or because I’ve been placing more emphasis on my Tuesday and Thursday workouts. It’s probably a combination. Since my Tuesday workout is in the evening, I’ve been telling myself that I might as well sleep in on Monday and run that evening – and watch MNF. Whatever the reasoning, I’m still getting in my miles and my workouts, so I shouldn’t overanalyze it.

I don't watch my weight too closely (don’t want to overanalyze that either), but I like to keep it down as a key race approaches (duh). I'd say 143-145 is “normal.” Lately I've been in the 140-142 range. Maybe that'll bode well for Chicago.

Last night I ran an easy 6 miles on the treadmill while (of course) watching the Twins. How can you not love this team? Down 2-1 at Boston and they rattle of 4 in the 8th and 3 in the 9th. These guys were 11-12 games back at the All-Star break. Right now they are tied with Detroit in the loss column. Let’s see; Morneau wins the MVP, Mauer wins the batting title, Santana wins the Cy Young award and Gardenhire wins Manager of the year. Oh yeah, we’ll take the Championship too.

Since it’s that of year, here’s a photo to spice up my blog.



I have to watch what I say because my friend Eric’s daughter is on the team now. The U of M is hosting the Griak Invitational this Saturday. It’s always fun to watch all the college studs (men and women) mix it up during cross country. Let’s see, I have a 10k at 8:30, the men race at 11:20 and the women at 12:10. What am I missing? Oh yeah, it’s my wife’s birthday too. Think she’ll mind watching the girls till about 2?

Finally, "thanks" to my co-worker who came to work 2 days this week with a horrendous cough. I can hear you a mile away. I "really" appreciate that.

Quote of the day;

“The footing was really atrocious. I loved it. I really like cross-country; you’re one with the mud.” – Lynn Jennings

3 comments:

Greg said...

I know what you mean about the morning running. I have had a real hard time dragging my butt out of bed in the morning. I'm blaming it on the darkness.

Chad said...

Greg, here it's a combination of darkness, coldness and wetness.

massoman said...

you are crackin' me up, brother.

i wish there were races that started at 5am. i'm used to running then.