Friday, September 29, 2006

IT'S HAPPENING TO ME

I woke up to perfect marathoning weather this morning; 45 degrees and calm. The forecast is for a cloudy 60 degrees. Unfortunately, at least weather-wise, I’m not running a marathon today. Looking ahead to Sunday’s forecast for TCM and I see a low of 50 and a high of 74. That sounds pretty good to me.

One of the reasons I chose to run Chicago over TCM is the weather factor. Last year it was warm and muggy at TCM, while two weeks later in Chicago it was perfect. Everyone I know struggled at TCM or PRd at Chicago. Hopefully pushing Chicago back another week will only help “guarantee” cool conditions.

I used to (still do?) think my wife was worrying about nothing when she’d have something on her mind and couldn’t sleep. But now it’s happening to me. Usually something will wake me up and I’ll go right back to sleep. However, I woke up at 4 AM this morning and started thinking about ideas for an article. I couldn’t get to sleep so at 4:30 I got up and started my day. That’s about 30 minutes earlier than normal, so I guess it's not a big deal. I just went for a 10 mile run instead of the 5-6 I had planned. I was going to double back tonight, but I figure by 8 PM I’ll be asleep on the couch.

If you haven’t seen it yet, Duncan’s great interview of Brian Sell yet, can be found here. Today’s quote of the day comes from the interview;

“Any time you try and knock a minute or two off your time, you've got to expect it to be the most pain you've ever been in. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.” – Brian Sell

4 comments:

Wayne said...

zeke - what's your goal for Chicago?

Chad said...

2:55

massoman said...

after reading your post, i went out for my long run and all kinds of great stuff occured to me. shings that sere very useful ideas about our business and some other stuff too and i can only remember parts of it. so is your pad in a baggie?

Chad said...

Massoman, luckily it's been cold enough in the mornings that I've been wearing a vest with pockets.