Thursday, August 25, 2005

NOT WHAT I HAD PLANNED

As I mentioned yesterday, tonight I was planning on hitting the track for my first set of 800s this year. By the time the girls were put to bed, it was 7:45. Given that the sun is no longer out till 9:15, I figured there’s no way I’d get my workout in without running in the dark. I have no problem running in the dark (although I’d rather do it in the AM rather than the PM) if it’s just a “normal” run, but I’m not sure if I’d like doing speed work in the dark. I can remember finishing track workouts as the sun sets, but I can’t remember doing any in the dark. As you can guess, I bagged the workout. I made myself feel a little better by promising myself I’d do the workout tomorrow morning.

I had thoughts of just going out for an easy run but I convinced myself to take the day off since I had to get up early (4:45) tomorrow. So instead of running, my wife and I watch Spiderman 2. Actually, I only watched half of it then went to bed at 9:00.

No comments: