Thursday, August 18, 2005

BAD BLOGGING

Like anyone else, I have my favorite blogs that I like to read – of course they’re bookmarked. I’ll admit that I’ve bookmarked sites only to remove them later because the blogger failed to update their blog on a regular basis. That’s one of the reasons I try to update my blog daily (okay, at least Monday thru Friday). Anyway, I have not been doing a very good job lately. Part of it’s due to my lack of motivation, my injuries (more on them below), my vacation and the fact that I’ve actually been busy at work since returning from my vacation. Go figure. Enough excuses. I plan on getting back on track.

Tuesday night I met my team for a workout. We had been doing hills followed by mile repeats. However, the last 2 weeks have been hills followed by a tempo run. I continued to struggle on the hills while Aaron and Jim where way ahead of me. Instead I hung back with Sue and Roger. Roger is new to the group and looks like he’ll fit in nicely. He’s 29 and trying to get back in shape after running for our coach, while he was in college. He looked okay on the hills, but I gradually pulled away from him and Sue during the 20 minute tempo run.

About 5 minutes into the tempo run the skies opened up and rain poured down for about 5 minutes. It also caused the temperature to drop. When I drove to practice it was 82, on the way home it was 67. About 18 minutes into the tempo I pulled “something” that’s below my hamstring and above the back of my knee. I immediately had to stop and walk. I’m not sure if it was caused by running “fast” downhill on concrete, the change in temp, taking 3 days off then doing a hard workout or what. After walking up the hill I just came down I was able to jog very slowly for 12 minutes.

I ended up taking Wednesday and Thursday off to rest my pulled muscle as well as my arch, which seems to be gradually getting better. I’ll try running again tomorrow and see if I can finish in one piece.

No comments: