Friday, July 20, 2007

HELP WANTED

Just a quick post to ask for everyone's help. My neighbor's sister is a runner and nutritionist. She's co-authoring a nutrition book for marathoners and half-marathoners and trying to get as many runners as possible to complete a survey to learn more about what runners are doing in terms of nutrition before, during and after the race. If you have 10-15 minutes, please help her out by completing the online survey. Thanks.

I had a great 16 mile run yesterday. The weather broke just in time - while it was still 68 at 7AM the dew point was down to 58. I met up with Eric and Jim (it's nice to have retired friends) and we basically ran the Get in Gear loop multiple times (2 with Jim and all 3 with Eric). According to PR's mile markers we were running 7:50 at the start, dropped as low as 7:18, before backing off to 7:30s towards the end.

This morning I thought I'd be a little tired, but I got in a nice 10 mile run in Lebanon Hills. I'm not sure if it's the cooler temps or what, but there wasn't a black fly to be found. Hard to believe given that we're in the 3rd week of July.

Sorry no quote of the day today. Gotta run.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Oh dear.. I filled out the question form for your neighbor.. and forgot to mention one of our very very favorite post-race foods: Great Harvest whole grain raisin runner buns!
Any chance you could pass that on?

Chad said...

Sure. I'll pass that along. Thanks for taking the time to fill out the survey.