Monday, May 21, 2007

COOKIE MONSTER

I forgot to mention this as I posted from home yesterday. The first thing I saw when I got home from work after my “30 Day” post was homemade chocolate chip cookies. About 99% of the time, my wife makes the pre-made-batter cookies – the kind where all you have to do is turn the oven on and take the cookies out on time. They’re okay, but I can live without them – especially during the final 30 days. Homemade cookies on the other hand are a different story. I can’t even tell you the last time she made homemade cookies.

I think the gods are really trying to challenge my willpower.

Well, they won. I won’t lie. I had a cookie. Or three.

To make matters worse, Thursday night there was a picnic for my daughter’s school. They served a hotdog, chips, cookie and lemonade. That’s it! I guess what I was lacking in nutrition was made up for by lack of quantity.

The good news is that I was able to recover a little that evening by doing some core work.

After Saturday’s 20 miler, I took Sunday off. We went to the zoo with the kids, so it was nice to get out and do some walking.

This week I knew I wanted to do a speed workout either today or tomorrow. While taking the dog for her mile run this morning I felt really good, so I decided to get the workout out of the way. It called for 1200m repeats which I simulated by running 4:20 repeats around the prairie path. This turned out to be just over one complete lap. Then I took a 1:40 jog, so I was starting a new repeat every 6:00. I ended up with 5 reps and then took a long cool-down to finish with 12 miles.

Finally, if you’re interested, check out new journal entries for Carrie Tollefson and Matt Gabrielson.

Quote of the day;

“I don’t think they give any rewards for workouts.” – Craig Virgin

No comments: