Tuesday, January 09, 2007

LOTS OF MEANING

As Sara pointed out in a comment, describing my knee as “fine” doesn’t really convey lots of meaning. The good news is that it doesn’t hurt. It just feels “funny”. There’s a “spot” on the outside of my right knee that’s not on the outside of my left knee. Of course, it’s possible that it’s been like that for 37 years and that I’ve just never noticed. Now that I’ve had some soreness, I’m going into over-analysis. I can’t really justify backing off, since it doesn’t hurt. So, I’ll just keep cranking until it gets worse (or better).

Mondays are recovery days and yesterday was no different; 6 easy miles in the morning and 5 very easy miles in the evening. During my evening run I watched as Ohio State laid an egg. At least there was no point in staying up for the second half of the game. I still don’t understand how the teams can put up 48 points in the first half and then only 7 in the second half. I know strategies and game plans change, but still…

This morning I ran 11 miles and included some strides. It turns out my normal running route (which I didn’t run on, during my cutback week) isn’t as clear of snow and ice as I thought it was. There were 3-4 stretches that were very icy and slippery. That makes me wonder if they’ll even plow that path if we ever get any more snow.

I’m sure most readers are sick of hearing about the Minnesota running scene. If you’re not, check out the new blog that’s being written by a couple guys from USATF Minnesota. This group also puts out a bi-monthly magazine and they’ve contacted me about including excerpts from my interviews in future magazines. So make sure your answers are witty and interesting.

Quote of the day;

“The marathon is a contest between your will and your resources.” – Jeff Galloway

No comments: