Thursday, January 12, 2012

WOMEN'S PREDICTIONS

Still lots of great stuff on the Trials being posted. Letsrun.com has posted a men’s preview along with another article for their ten long shots. It’s nice to see some Minnesotans (and a former Team Minnesota runner) on those lists. They also put out their women’s preview.
Unfortunately, I’m not going to have time to write up my picks for the top 10 women. So I’ll just give my top 3 along with others to watch. Like everyone else, I can’t see how Desi Davila and Shalane Flanagan don’t make the team. I’m not sure who takes first place, but I’m going to have to go with Desi. That puts Flanagan second and I’ll round out the podium with Amy Hastings. For some reason I think Kara Goucher will have an off day and perhaps decide to save herself for the track. Like Mo Trafeh on the men’s side, Janet Cherobon-Bawcom scares the hell out of me. And I’m definitely not counting out Deena Kastor.

Of course, I’d love to see Team Minnesota’s Katie McGregor make the team, but she’s going to need to have her A game, and then some. Here’s a video of her as she talks about finishing 4th at the last two Trials at 10,000m.



Quote of the Day;

"If it’s a slow-paced race, like 2:28 to 2:30 pace, then the door opens for more people, and you could see 10 to 12 women in the hunt at halfway. If it goes out at 2:24 to 2:26 pace, then that number gets reduced by 50 percent.” – Terrence Mahon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice video...thx...have fun this weekend!

Timob

César Bobadilla said...

Hey Chad!! I read that you are following the endless season approach!! I started the year with that approach as well!! how have you done? will you do speedwork and tempos all year round?, I am going to give it a go and see what happens?

Rubio say´s something similar in a chapter of the book run strong!! Keep on the good work!

Chad said...

Cesar, yeah I just starting using this program within the last month, so it's hard to tell how I've done. Being in Minnesota makes it hard to do speed all year round. I'm trying to get in what I can right now so that when spring gets here, I'll be ready to add more speed and races.