Wednesday, January 11, 2012

MUST SEE

I’m trying to get around to posting my women’s predictions, but every time I sit down at the computer I end up watching a bunch of videos and reading a bunch of blogs regarding the Trials.

For example, here’s a “must see” video of the Team MN guys.


Marathon Road from Paul Sanft on Vimeo.

And Run Junkie is back with their first episode of the year. Of course, much of it is about the Trials.

Watch more video of Run Junkie on flotrack.org

And here’s a nice write-up by Toni Reavis regarding the women’s field.

I’m so looking forward to this race. With all the pre-race coverage it’s really hard to decipher who’s really fit and who’s trying to convince themselves that their really fit. Not that I have to worry about it, but if I were in this race, I don’t think I’d look online or read emails for the month leading up to the event.

A few quick comments on my own running; Official results put me at 5:53 for the mile. Surprisingly, nothing is sore from that race, although my legs were pretty tired this morning. Right now I’m sticking around the 50-55 MPW range – the last 3 weeks have been 54, 50 and 55.

Quote of the Day;

"Running is just you, the work you put in, and the clock. You can't cheat yourself. If you don't put in the miles, you can't go to the starting line thinking you're going to pull a miracle out of nowhere. You get out exactly as much as you put in." – Desi Davila


No comments: