Monday, April 14, 2008

2:06:17

Not sure how you could have missed it, but Ryan Hall ran 2:06:17 at the London Marathon over the weekend. You can watch the best journalist (and my former college coach) in the sport conduct and interview with Hall HERE.

Again, not much going on with my own running. I was finally able to get on the trails for the first time over the weekend.

Since not much is going on, I’ll point you in other directions.

The more I read and hear about Andrew Carlson, the more I like him.

Be sure to check out all the other podcasts on the final sprint site.

Carrie Tollefson and Emily Brown have updated their journals too.

And here’s a fun article on natural enemies of the runner.

Quote of the day;

“Engineers can prove that a bumblebee, with its heavy body and little wings, can’t fly. But nobody tells the bumblebees. – On why Bill Bowerman’s likening some runners to bumblebees was a badge of honor

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan Hall is amazing. Check out the lens I made about him here:

http://www.squidoo.com/ryan_hall

It's got videos, trivia, polls, interviews, and an extensive biography.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chad,

My name is Adam Jacobs and I am the Editor-in-Chief of TheFinalSprint.com.

I just wanted to thank you for your praise and support of TheFinalSprint.com and for highlighting the TFS Running Podcast. I am glad that you have been enjoying it!

In addition, it sounds like you might be interested in taking a look at our TFS Elite Athlete Blog Series. It features bi-weekly entries by Ryan Hall, Dathan Ritzenhein, Josh Cox, Sara Hall, Nick Symmonds, Jon Rankin, Michael Fout and Kate O'Neil. Xavier "X-Man" Carter will be joinig our team of bloggers soon as well. You can check out the latest entries by going to: http://blogs.thefinalsprint.com/

Thanks again for your support!
Take care,
Adam

--
ADAM S. JACOBS
CEO/President | TFS Media Network
Editor-in-Chief | TheFinalSprint.com
adam@thefinalsprint.com
--