Thursday, December 22, 2005

SMOOTH TRANSITION

Today is my last day of work for the week. Yay!!! I figured if I could get in a nice run this morning, I’d be in great shape for a solid week – even with taking last Sunday off to ski. I never did mention this, but if I were to follow a “typical” Lydiard program for Grandma’s, this would be the first week of the program.

I woke up at 4:30 to a temperature of 30. After finally getting used to dressing for 10 degrees, I had to re-think what I wanted to wear this morning. I’m always amazed at how the body gets acclimated. Six weeks ago, 30 would have been cold, now it’s “hot”.

I ended up running for 1:40 minutes and called it 12 miles. Towards the end of my run I had to run out on the trail 18 minutes. When I turned around I decided to pick up the pace a little. I ended up running back in 16:30. Not super hard, probably not even marathon pace. However, I thought it was a step in the right direction for what Daws would call “making a smooth transition” to stronger aerobic runs.

I’m sure Susan will like this one. My wife paid $70 to get her hair highlighted and I didn’t even notice. Oops.

No comments: