Wednesday, December 14, 2005

LOVE ‘EM OR HATE ‘EM

Treadmills. Love ‘em. Hate ‘em. I know some people can’t stand them, but I think they serve a purpose. Today was a perfect example. I woke up to about 4-5 inches of fresh, unplowed snow. The temperature was fine, but I didn’t want to stumble along the unplowed trails. So I got to work early and ran on the treadmill for 8 miles. Could I have sputtered along outside for 65 minutes? Sure. Would I have received the same aerobic benefits? Sure. Would slipping and sliding it have been frustrating? Yes. That makes it a perfect day for using the treadmill.

Yesterday Yvonne posted a nice photo of her winter wardrobe. I’ve recently posted some product endorsements. Those are new, exciting products to me. They got me thinking of two other things I could live (as comfortably) without in the winter. I’ve mention that I have poor circulation before, therefore I need a good pair of mits to keep my hands warm. On really cold days, I’ll slide a pair of thin gloves underneath. Also, every winter I’m amazed at how warm my Sporthill jacket made with 3SP material is. I’ve both jacket and a half-zip top. I couldn’t find the jackets on the Sporthill site anymore, just the half-zips, so I linked the best site I could find quickly. Sporthill also make pants in the same 3SP fabric that are very warm. The stuff is so warm that I can’t even run in it until the temps get below 20.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

I join a gym two weeks ago. I figure the only time i would use a treadmill is to do drills. It is much easier to run with a higher cadence (90 rpm) on the treadmill than out in the dark.

Chad said...

Susan, I thought you'd have a hate/hate relationship with the treadmill. Nice to know you love it (a little).

What if someone is chasing you in the dark, Cliff? I bet that'd get you going.