Tuesday, December 06, 2005

BREAKING NEWS

It’s cold in Minnesota in December. At least that’s what the local news wants us to believe. That was the top story on the 6 PM news for a couple of different channels. The thing is; it wasn’t even below zero at the time. Did anyone see Katie Couric at the start of the Today show this morning? She was bundled up like it was the second coming of the Ice Age. Hey Katie, if it’s too cold, go inside. I’m sure you have enough pull at NBC to tell the producers that you don’t want to be outside. I don’t understand the sensationalization (is that a word?) of such meaningless news.

With that said, I must admit that I ran on the treadmill this morning. However, it wasn’t because of the weather, which was minus 5 (minus 20 wind chill) at the time. It was because I had a second run planned for this evening and I didn’t want to have to bring 2 sets of winter clothes with me.

So this morning I ran 8 miles on one of the treadmills at work in 64 minutes. I started at 8:30 pace and worked down to 7:30 at the end. This evening I met Mary at Lake Harriet and we ran around Lake Harriet and Lake Calhoun, 7 miles in 62 minutes. By that time it had warmed up to 5 degrees. Other than a slight breeze as we headed West, I thought it was nice out.

No comments: