Thursday, December 04, 2008

BIG BELIEVER

It is times like these that make me wonder how I’ve been able to keep this blog “alive” for nearly 4 years. It seems like I have nothing to say – I guess that’s never stopped me before.

Luckily, my latest interviewee has stuff to say – that helps make for a more entertaining read.

I still haven’t figured out this Facebook thing. I like the ability to post a bunch of photos for my friends to see, but again, do I really need to be “friends” with people I haven’t seen in 20 years. I guess it’s kind of neat to be reacquainted - at least initially. It’s all the other on-going updates that I could do without. Oh well, it hasn’t become some incredible time-sink yet, so I guess I’ll just go with it.

Quote of the Day;

“Our coach was a big believer in the Lydiard system and he had team awards for running the most miles per week. By the third week of the season I ran 106 miles to edge out my buddy for the weekly award. We were tired all the time but logging those miles made me stronger and I went from being seventh man on the team to number one by the end of the year. I still have never run more miles in a week.” - Bill Atkins

No comments: