Friday, July 15, 2005

NO EXPECTATIONS

I decided to sleep in today, thinking I’d be able to get in an easy 5 miles over lunch. Granted, it’d be 90-95 degrees and I’d “have to” do it on the treadmill – but that would be alright. Lunch came and went and I never made it to the fitness center for my run. I almost talked myself into taking the day off. However, I was at 41 miles for the week, I wanted to run more than the 47 I ran last week and I didn’t want it to come down to the last day – especially since I knew I couldn’t run tomorrow morning because I’m going to watch the Lifetime Fitness triathlon and it’s supposed to be 95+ again tomorrow. So I decided I’d better hop on the treadmill at home this evening.

I had no expectations going into this run. Okay, I wanted to run at least 5 miles. That was my only expectation. I started out VERY easy. I’ve mentioned this before, but at 7.1 mph my treadmill goes 8:50 pace, while at 7.2 mph it goes 7:50 pace. I should check into getting the motor tuned, fixed or replaced. Anyway, I did the first 2 miles at 8:50 pace, then gradually picked it up. I was watching the Twins baseball game and the miles were going by quickly. Before I knew it I had run 10 miles in about 77 minutes. I was able to stretch during the last inning as the Twins lost to the Angels by 1 run.

No comments: