Wednesday, July 20, 2005

GREAT EVENING

“Double” spent another day in The Cities for business. Given that the last store he had to visit, along with his hotel, are only 15-20 minutes from my house, it made sense to have him over after work. We were able to grill out, hang out till my girls went to bed, go for an 8 mile trail run and then work on #38 while shooting the breeze on the deck. The beer was cold, there was lots of running talk and the black flies and mosquitoes left us alone. So all in all it was a great evening.

My brother-in-law sent me this article on the best little marathons. It starts by mentioning some of the “must-do” marathons. I don’t know about you, but LA is not on my list of must-dos. Granted, being from Minnesota and having Grandma’s in the spring and TCM in the fall, I’m a little spoiled. But I don’t really need to run a race because it’s the “friendliest” (Richmond), the “extra attention” (God’s Country), or it has the “largest finisher medal in the world” (Little Rock).

No comments: