Friday, August 08, 2008

NOBODY'S BUSINESS

Fridays are quiet at work. I took advantage of having 3 of the 5 people in our department gone and came in a little late. I used the time to get in a longer run without having to get up super early. Don’t get me wrong, I still got up at 4:45 in order to get in 2 hours on the Hyland trails, but that extra half hour of sleep was nice – especially since I stayed up too late uploading my photo for the contest. I also loaded 2 photos of my dad because he can grow facial hair like nobody’s business. See…

Voting starts Monday, so I’ll probably link back then.

I’ve mentioned that I spent a year doing triathlons in 2003. That’s part of the reason I like to take jabs at triathletes. But honestly, a lot of the triathletes I know tend to really enjoy life and are very positive people. Maybe it’s the chlorine going to their head. Kathy recently posted some characteristics of champions that's worth a read.

Speaking of posts, or lack thereof, what’s happened to runnerville? You’d think with the Olympic Trials and now the Olympic Games, they’d have plenty of info for their site. However, their Runnerville Weekly podcast was last updated May 27th!!! And the Toni & Matt Show last aired on July 9th. It kind of reminds me of my interview site – at least I still try to have 1 or 2 new interviews a month.

Quote of the day;

“The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.” – Olympic Creed

No comments: