Monday, June 09, 2008

TO THE POINT

Maybe the hardest part about following Daniels (or any other program) is trying to figure out how to manage a group run on Saturday and a hard workout on Sunday. Right now I can’t hang with the group at 7:00 pace and expect to have a solid workout the next day – especially when I feel like crap, as I did two days ago. So after running 6 miles with the group, I backed off the pace and shuffled the last 5 miles alone. I finished the week with 65 miles.

Yesterday the family was gone and track was on TV for two hours, so I jumped on the treadmill for a hard workout; warm-up, :15 at tempo, 1:00 easy, :15 at tempo, cool-down. I’m still trying to figure out how my body handles these new workouts. I made the mistake of trying to do the second tempo run as fast as the first. After 12 minutes I began my cool-down. Still a solid 15-mile workout.

I think I’m to the point where I either feel really good (hopefully that’s a workout day) or really crappy (hopefully a recovery day). This morning I was really tired and just slogged my way through 5 miles. I bet I was barely running under 9:00 pace. But I gotta listen to my body and get in my recovery runs.

Quote of the day;

“Lynn Jennings is one of my idols. I saw her and thought, ‘Is that Lynn Jennings cheering for me?’” – Kara Goucher

No comments: