Thursday, August 16, 2007

GETTING OLD

Well, if nothing else, my last couple posts have generated some good comments, emails and discussions. I hope nobody thought I was going to jump out the window or anything. I haven’t gotten to that point – yet. As I mentioned in at least one comment, other than Sunday’s race, I feel fine. I’m not achy, exhausted or generally uninspired to run - yet.

Yesterday I ran a nice 12 miler, partially on the local golf course and partially in Lebanon Hills Park. This morning I woke up to slightly cooler temperatures (65 degrees), which aided my first speed session in this training cycle. I ran 9 miles including 6 x “600” meters. 600 is in quotes because I run these on a grass loop in Hyland Park, rather than on the track. It’s more important for me to get in some quality at a certain perceived effort, rather than go to a track and worry about hitting exact splits.

On another note: You know you’re starting to get old when all the sport stars are the same age as you. The next thing you know, they’re all 10 years younger than you. Well now I find myself interviewing guys that are 20 years younger than me. Check out my latest interview to see what I’m talking about.

Quote of the day;

“I’ve always believed that in big championship races you have to do what you think gives you the best chance at winning the race.” - Elliott Heath

No comments: