Wednesday, February 08, 2006

TRAINING UPDATE

Alright, I haven’t talked about my training lately. I started this week with two runs of 6 miles on both Sunday and Monday. Again, these were designed to help my recovery from the half marathon while still allowing me to get in some miles.

Yesterday I ran 6 in the morning before joining my training group in the evening. I felt really good for the group workout. After a 10 minute warmup, we ran 2 times a ¾ mile section that had two hills on it, so 4 hills in total. As usual, I got my ass kicked on the hills. Jenna and Joyce were way ahead of me and even Roger, who I know is out of shape, drilled me. Once we got on the flats I ran with Roger and felt really controlled while he seemed to be breathing rather hard. I felt like picking up the pace a little, but didn’t want to leave him behind. Luckily, it was an out-and-back route and when Jenna and Joyce came back we joined them. This worked out really well because I was able to run the last 30-35 minutes at a strong effort. Plus it allowed me to catch up with Jenna and Joyce regarding their race. All told, we ran 82 minutes and I called it 11 miles.

This morning I ran an easy 8 miles and I’m done for the day. No double tonight. So after being on-pace for zero miles after the first day of the month, I’m now on-pace for nearly 280 miles. Now I can sleep a little easier.

No comments: