Saturday, October 01, 2005

HEAT WAVE

This morning Evan and I met at the Minnesota Wildlife Refuge for a run along the Minnesota River. We got the worst part (a mile stretch along Interstate 494) out of the way first and then hit the trails. Our loop took just under 70 minutes and we called it 9 miles.

Evan is training for the Philly marathon and he’s got me considering running it next year. One of the things I like about it is it’s still 7 weeks away. That means I’d be able to lay low in the summer and get in some quality training during my favorite time of year, fall. I’m not a huge fan of traveling to a marathon, especially when Grandma’s and Twin Cities are in my back yard. I’ll have to mention it to Amy and see what she thinks.

I was so happy that we ran in the morning. Man, did it get hot (for October 1st) this afternoon. It must have reached the low-80s and it was sunny and windy. Wasn’t it just 40 degrees 3 days ago? I spent the afternoon swimming with my family at a local YMCA. My mother-in-law gave us 10 passes that have to be used by the end of the year. We thought they’d take a pass for each adult, but they only took one for the entire family, so we still have 9 passes left.

No comments: